George's Lifestyle Newborn Photo Shoot, Chelmsford
It was an absolute pleasure to photograph Natalie and James' newborn baby boy - George and big bro Henry. This family session took place at their home and was super relaxed and fun. Both boys behaved amazingly for me and we managed to capture some lovely memories for the family!
Here are 6 tips to get the most out of your lifestyle newborn baby photo shoot:
1. Try and have the session within 10 days of birth of capture that brand new baby phase. Those squidgy little cheeks and tiny newborn body will disappear surprisingly quickly!
2. Keep the heat cranked up! Newborn babies cannot regulate their temperature like older children and adults. It's SO important to keep your house cosy and warm for them during this newborn photography session. You may feel very hot yourself, but bubba will be just perfect. It's the best way to keep them content and settled during the photoshoot.
3. Be prepared to have some photos taken with your new bundle. I completely understand that within the first few weeks of having your baby, you may not feel 100% and may not feel like having your photograph taken. But this is such a huge moment in your life and such a precious time to remember that I would really encourage you to have a one or two photos taken. I would never want any new mummy to regret not having at least one photo taken with her brand new baby.
4. Allow as much natural daylight into your home as possible. When I arrive at your home, I will be looking for the best sources of natural light to photograph your baby and the family altogether. Usually the best spots are the living area, the master bedroom and the nursery, so try and make sure these are bright and airy before I arrive.
5. Allow up to 2 hours for your newborn lifestyle photography session. Babies can be very unpredictable and need a lot of love and attention. It's important that we take the session at the pace your baby is happy with. If he/she needs changing/feeding during the session- there is plenty of time for this and baby's needs always come first.
6. Wear neutral clothing. It's important to wear something that you would normally wear everyday at home and feel comfortable in, as this newborn photography session is all about real life at home with your new baby. Neutral colours work best and try to select colours that coordinate rather than match, for all family members.
P.S. How cute are these two boys though?!
Here are a few words from Natalie herself:
"We absolutely Loved our photoshoot. It's such a special time after just welcoming a new baby into the world,and danielle captured our family perfectly. It can feel quite daunting allowing a stranger into your home just days after one of the biggest events of your life but danielle made the whole experience feel relaxed and enjoyable and the results were on the proof so to speak. We have beautiful pictures to treasure."